Mark Rittman is joined by Elastic's Mark Walkom to talk about Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and the Elastic Stack; business models built-around an open-source software core; and their move into cloud services with Elastic Cloud
Mark Rittman is joined by Vasu Murthy, Oracle's Senior Director for Product Management of Oracle Business Analytics to talk about what's new with OBIEE and Oracle Data Visualization and the recently released Oracle Analytics Cloud, a dive into the technical architecture of these new additions to Oracle's BI platform, and Oracle's vision for hybrid on-prem/cloud analytics.
Mark Rittman is joined by Gartner analyst and ex-Oracle Database Cloud Service PM Rick Greenwald to talk about IT’s continuing (and essential!) role in corporate BI&DW deployments and the debate around Mode1 vs. Mode2 Analytics, how we got here, and the future of data warehousing database platforms as we move into the cloud.
Mark Rittman is joined by Alex Olivier from Qubit to talk about their platform journey from on-premise Hadoop to petabytes of data running in Google Cloud Platform, using Google Cloud Dataflow (aka Apache Beam), Google PubSub and Google BigQuery along with machine learning and analytics to deliver personalisation at-scale for digital retailers around the world.
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Cindi Howson to talk about Modern BI and last year's Gartner BI & Analytics Magic Quadrant, the rise of self-service BI and IT's new role as enabler rather than owner, CIO priorities around BI & Analytics ... and, is the BICC dead?
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Modern BI Platforms: The Role of the Data Warehouse and Semantic Models
- What CIOs Say About BI and Analytics
- Select the Right Business Intelligence and Analytics Tool for the Right User
- Create a Centralized and Decentralized Organizational Model for Business Intelligence
- My Big (Fat) Data Governance Rant
- Cindi Howson Gartner Network Blog