Mark Rittman is joined in this 50th Episode Special by our original guest on the first episode of Drill to Detail, Stewart Bryson, to talk about developing agile BI applications using FiveTran, SnowflakeDB and Looker and his recent work developing a BI solution for Google Play Marketing using Google Data Studio and Google Cloud Platform. We're also joined later in the show by Alex Gorbachev from Pythian, our mystery guest who Stewart then interviews flawlessly armed only with a set of questions given to him as the guest was unveiled ... though be sure to listen past the final closing music for the bonus out-takes.
In this episode Mark Rittman is joined by Kent Graziano to answer the questions "Is data modeling now dead", and "is SnowflakeDB the future of analytic data engines in the cloud?"
- Better Data Modeling: An Introduction to Agile Data Engineering Using Data Vault 2.0
- Better Data Modeling: Tips for Enhancing Your Use of Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler
- Kent Graziano Blog
- Building a Scalable Data Warehouse with Data Vault 2.0
- Snowflake Computing
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms 2016
- Gartner press release on their "modern BI platform"