In this specially-extended episode just before ODTUG KScope'18, Mark Rittman is joined by Matt Yorke from Qubix to talk about Oracle Essbase Cloud, Oracle Analytics Cloud and the business of Oracle Cloud analytics consulting
Mark Rittman is joined in this 50th Episode Special by our original guest on the first episode of Drill to Detail, Stewart Bryson, to talk about developing agile BI applications using FiveTran, SnowflakeDB and Looker and his recent work developing a BI solution for Google Play Marketing using Google Data Studio and Google Cloud Platform. We're also joined later in the show by Alex Gorbachev from Pythian, our mystery guest who Stewart then interviews flawlessly armed only with a set of questions given to him as the guest was unveiled ... though be sure to listen past the final closing music for the bonus out-takes.
Mark is joined by long-term industry veteran and friend Christian Berg to talk about surviving fifteen years as a contractor in analytics industry, changes he's seen in the market and in how project are approached, the value in getting involved in the community, and in a specially extended Christmas and New Year edition we look back at what was topical in 2017 and what are Christian's predictions for 2018 ... and appoint Christian as Head of our Best Practices Found on the Internet.
Mark is joined by Mike Durran from the Oracle Analytics Product Management team in this UKOUG Tech’17 special to talk about his route into product management via the Oracle Discoverer BI tool, Oracle’s latest product in this space Oracle Data Visualization Desktop 4 and its new features, and Mike’s upcoming sessions at the UK Oracle User Group’s Tech’17 event next week in Birmingham, UK.
In this episode Mark is joined by Tristan Handy from Fishtown Analytics to talk about building-out analytics functions in high-growth startups, and three related blog posts he wrote on this topic.
Stewart Bryson returns to the show to join Mark Rittman to discuss new-world BI and data warehousing development using Google BigQuery and Amazon Athena, Apache Kafka and StreamSets, and talks about his experiences with Looker, the cloud-native BI tool that brings semantic modeling and modern development practices to the world of business intelligence.
Mark Rittman is joined by Timo Elliott, originally of Business Objects and now Innovation Evangelist for SAP, to talk about the origins of self-service BI with Business Objects' innovative "Universe" and the role analytics now plays within SAP; why analytics is the most important function within your organization and why the vast majority of analytics is still reporting (which isn't so bad); and the role AI and other innovations will play in analytics going in the future.
Mark Rittman is joined by Independent Consultant Chris Webb to talk about MDX & DAX, MSAS and SQL SQL Server and the fall ... and rise, of Microsoft BI
Mark Rittman is joined in this Christmas & New Year special episode by none-other than Robin Moffatt, head of R&D at Rittman Mead and an old colleague from my consulting days, to talk about his experiences with Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR) for BI + Analytics and how "the devil's in the detail", and to hear his take on what happened in the BI and analytics world in 2016 and what to look out for in 2017.
ETL & Analytics Offload from Oracle to Amazon Web Services using Apache Spark, Redshift, and Presto
- Blog: https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/etl-offload-with-spark-and-amazon-emr-part-5/
- Other four articles in series : https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/etl-offload-with-spark-and-amazon-emr-part-1 / https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/etl-offload-with-spark-and-amazon-emr-part-2-code-development-with-notebooks-and-docker// https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/etl-offload-with-spark-and-amazon-emr-part-3-running-pyspark-on-emr / https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/etl-offload-with-spark-and-amazon-emr-part-4-analysing-the-data)
Source Control and Automated Code Deployment Options for OBIEE
- Blog: https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/12/source-control-and-automated-code-deployment-options-for-obiee/
- Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/rmoff/source-control-code-deployment-and-concurrent-development-for-obiee-12c
All You Ever Wanted to Know About OBIEE Performance…but were too afraid to ask
- Blog: https://www.rittmanmead.com/blog/2016/10/all-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-obiee-performance-but-were-too-afraid-to-ask/
- Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/rmoff/still-no-silver-bullets-obiee-12c-performance-in-the-real-world
Apache Kafka's Role in Implementing Oracle's Big Data Reference Architecture on the Big Data Appliance
- Slides: https://speakerdeck.com/rmoff/kafkas-role-in-implementing-oracles-big-data-reference-architecture-on-the-big-data-appliance
Analysing the Panama Papers with Oracle Big Data Spatial and Graph
Mark Rittman is joined by Graham Spicer in this UKOUG Tech'16 Special to talk about BI past, present and future including the history of Oracle OLAP, running and owning a consulting business over 30 years of changes in the industry, what's hot on the market today, and what skills and techniques are still relevant even as we adopt big data products and look to new methods of analysis.