Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Greg Michaelson from DataRobot, talking about the benefits of automating the discovery and automation of analytics and machine learning in financial services and other industries.
Mark Rittman is joined by ThoughtSpot's Chief Data Evangelist Doug Bordonaro to talk about the value of data, issues around trust and consent raised by the EU's new GDPR regulations, and how ThoughtSpot are applying ideas from search engines combined with artificial intelligence smarts to surface insights and drive real value for business users from their analytics investment
Mark Rittman is joined by returning Special Guest Mark Grover to talk about his move from Cloudera and product engineering to a product manager role at Lyft; analytics use-cases in the ride-sharing industry; and the move from conversations about ETL tools, technology and engines to templates, paradigms and developer productivity.
- Mark Grover LinkedIn Profile and Github Profile
- "Hadoop Application Architectures"
- "Drill to Detail Ep. 7 'Apache Spark and Hadoop Application Architectures'
- Lyft Engineering Blog
- "Software Engineer to Product Manager" blog by Gwen Shapira
- "Introduction to the Oracle Data Integrator Topology" from the Oracle Data Integrator docs site
- Apache Airflow and Amazon Kinesis homepages
- "Experimentation in a Ridesharing Marketplace" by Nicholas Chamandy, Head of Data Science at Lyft
- "How Uber Eats Works with Restaurants"
- "Deliveroo has built a bunch of tiny kitchens to feed more hungry Londoners" - Wired.co.uk
Mark Rittman is joined by Special Guest Fangjin Yang to talk about the history of Druid, a high-performance, column-oriented, distributed data store originally developed by the team at Metamarkets to provide fast ad-hoc access to large amounts of event-level marketing data, and his work at Imply to commercialise Druid and build a suite of supporting query and data management tools.
Mark Rittman is joined in this 50th Episode Special by our original guest on the first episode of Drill to Detail, Stewart Bryson, to talk about developing agile BI applications using FiveTran, SnowflakeDB and Looker and his recent work developing a BI solution for Google Play Marketing using Google Data Studio and Google Cloud Platform. We're also joined later in the show by Alex Gorbachev from Pythian, our mystery guest who Stewart then interviews flawlessly armed only with a set of questions given to him as the guest was unveiled ... though be sure to listen past the final closing music for the bonus out-takes.