Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by Greg Michaelson from DataRobot, talking about the benefits of automating the discovery and automation of analytics and machine learning in financial services and other industries.
Mark Rittman is joined by Will Davis from Trifacta to talk about the public beta of Google Cloud Dataprep, Trifacta's data wrangling platform and topics including metadata management, data quality and data management for big data and cloud data sources.
- Google Cloud Dataprep on Google Cloud Platform
- "Google Cloud Dataprep: Spreadsheet-Style Data Wrangling Powered by Google Cloud Dataflow"
- "A New Cloud-Based Data Prep Solution from Google & Trifacta"
- Trifacta website
- "A Breakthrough Approach to Exploring and Preparing Data"
- Trifacta platform architecture
- "Garbage In, Garbage Out: Why Data Quality Matters"
- "How to Put an Effective Metadata Strategy in Place"
Drill to Detail returns after the New Year break with Special Guest Julian Hyde from Hortonworks to talk about bitmap indexes and CASE tools, Mondrian and open-source OLAP analysis, and Apache Calcite's mission to bring sanity, cost-based optimisers and support for OLAP workloads to today's dis-aggregated, distributed new-world database engines.
- Oracle Designer page on Oracle.com
- Bitmap Index page on Wikipedia
- Mondrian project page on Github
- Mondrian OLAP Server page on Wikipedia
- MultiDimensional eXpressions (MDX) page on Wikipedia
- Julian Hyde blog
- Apache Calcite project homepage
- Apache Calcite Introduction and Overview deck
- Streaming SQL presentation at Apex Big Data World 2017, Mountain View, California
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode of Drill to Detail by Dr. Carsten Bange from BARC to talk about findings from the recently completed BI Survey 17 including the continuing move to modern BI platforms and self-service desktop tools, analytics adoption trends and the increasing incorporation of BI functionality within business applications, the surprising topicality of master data management and data governance ... and whatever happened to Nigel Pendse and his legendary OLAP Report?
- The BI Survey 17: The World’s Largest Annual Survey of BI Users
- Master Data and Data Quality Management Now the #1 Trend in BI
- BI Trend Monitor 2018 Infographic: The Evolution of Trends
- The Business Intelligence Industry Continues Its Ongoing Empowerment of Business Users
- The OLAP Report: The origins of today’s OLAP products (c. 2005, from the Internet Archive)
Mark Rittman is joined in this episode by returning special guest Jen Underwood to talk about what's new and innovative in the BI and analytics industry right now, and how AI and machine learning are this year's data discovery and data visualization.Read More